Any Architect Want To Sign Off On Some Drawings - South Carolina

wnschoen

Ran into a bit of an issue, working in a neighborhood that wants an 'ARCHITECT STAMP' on the plans.  Typically, everywhere else around here an Engineer Stamp/Structurals suffice.  New Board Members, etc., that are following the ARB Standards exactly (engineered drawings have always worked everywhere else here and in the mountains where I draw)  - have friends here locally, but figured I would ask here as well and see what you would charge.  This is for Bull Point outside Beaufort, SC.  Drawings & Engineering attached.

Thanks,

Nate

Reibel Construction Documents Feb 2015.pdf

50010 - Patterson Residential - Reibel Residence - Structural Sheets S-1 thru S-7.pdf

The neighborhood wants an architectural stamp???  If the CC&R's dont specifically state that then I am not sure how they can require such a thing....but I do recognize that many owners dont want to start a relationship off poorly with their future neighbors.

I've seen neighborhoods which make the architect (or designer) become "pre-approved" to do work inside their community, but i've not seen a HOA require drawings be stamped as a matter of legitimacy.

I have seen that. There is a high end development near me that requires a qualified architect in order to review plans. I was looking at doing a project where I would have collaborated with a registered architect for the project.

This happened to me and I told them I have already done 6 homes there, and they approved me. no problem.

• Upvote 1

• 4 weeks later...