How to Combine Reversed Plan with Original Plan to create Stacked Townhouse Arrangement?

DRyeHD

I've created a 3-story plan with elevations.  I have, then, reversed the plan and saved it in a separate plan file.  Now, I'd like to combine the two plans into one so that they can be stacked next to each other for 4, 6 or more units.  Along with this, I need the ability to raise a set of roofs and vary the exterior materials to create visual interest.

I've considered using the reference plan tool but I would be modifying my already-created plan.  Would anyone that has done something like this, be willing to share a method of doing this?

3-story.png

I prefer Plan Reference for this sort of thing. Keeping each plans defaults, materials, etc separate makes things much easier to manage in my opinion. used to be a major pain if they're on a slope or something but X15's made that a breeze.

You're overthinking it in my opinion. Simply get the first plan the way you want it, then use the EDIT AREA(ALL FLOORS) tool to select, reflect, copy, and using the TRANFORM/REPLICATE tool you can move the copies precisely where you want them.

Notice the first floor plan (left) is reflected, then copied using these tools. Took about 4 mins to get the entire building copied. And since the first floor plan had an independent roof, all of them did making it easy to move them up/down as needed per the elevations.

image.thumb.png.d2817c8638402ba7165756d59f485aed.png

image.thumb.png.95bc334fb9037933a5c6a38b8ac79f4e.png

On 5/9/2023 at 3:30 PM, TeaTime said:

I prefer Plan Reference for this sort of thing. Keeping each plans defaults, materials, etc separate makes things much easier to manage in my opinion. used to be a major pain if they're on a slope or something but X15's made that a breeze.

@TeaTime, I like your suggestion also.  I'm going to look into both your and @joey_martin's method.  I'm glad there are options.  Thanks for your input.

• Upvote 1