Terrain Icons

JKEdmo

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

Little thing I noticed just now --  "Terrain Tools" and "Terrain Modifier Tools" have the exact same icon in X15 and was wondering if this is intentional or an oversight.

image.thumb.png.e1a41294563733eadeb77a899c8f4f44.png

image.thumb.png.8e61ef0958b01b615e7c22bfaa592a54.png

Jim

• Solution

That is definitely a bit odd but x14 is the same.  Fortunately it only appears that way on the child toolbar.  So you get rid of the problem when you graduate.  But all the same quite confusing for new users.   Might be a good idea to submit it and find out what the issue is.

6 hours ago, Joe_Carrick said:

"Terrain Tools" is a dropdown menu.  It would display the icon of whatever tool is selected.  This is typical for dropdowns.

Thanks Joe for the input.  I did not have drop down toolbars turned on in my preferences, but rather "child tool palette."   What I described seems only to appear in this mode.

In any case, not end of world.  If it is indeed a minor glitch, I can pass along to Chief to look at.

Jim

image.thumb.png.03cc36da8d94b4b432e19603367aaeb2.png

14 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Might be a good idea to submit it and find out what the issue is.

Thanks Chopsaw.  I think it is a little confusing, but still learning all the menus...  Jim

On 5/1/2023 at 9:21 PM, Chopsaw said:

Might be a good idea to submit it and find out what the issue is.

I sent an email to tech and they responded back today that they'd have the graphics department look at it as they too found it confusing.

Way to go Chief!

Jim

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

it is not proper to give yourself the solution.

Agreed.  I "unsolved" myself.  I did not understand the proper forum etiquette, but now I do.

Thanks,

Jim

• Like 1