Alignment Problems

fberus

Go to solution Solved by fberus,

I can't seem to get the invisible wall on level 1, the beam that supports the roof trusses, the attic wall formed by the trusses, and the soffit that surrounds and covers the beam, all to align so that the 3D full perspective view shows a continuous flat wall.  The invisible wall and beam separate the great room (location of the camera) from the dining/kitchen area and small nook by the doorway.  The soffit covers the entire beam, but it does not display over the nook area.  There are also two brake lines where the top of the beam and soffit meet the trusses/attic wall.  I have been trying to nudge the walls, soffit, beam and ceiling plane edge for hours.  This is the best I have been able to achieve.  Looking for the proper technique to get everything aligned correctly.  I'm more than willing to watch videos and follow online lessons. 

Note: the shape of the trusses are defined by a vaulted ceiling plane over the great room.

Thanx for your help.

I'm using HDP 2021 Build 22.3.0.55x64 on Windows 11 x64

BeamSoffit.png

• Downvote 1

• Solution

@VHamptonthat was a good idea, but unfortunately, the 3D poly line features in Pro are very limited.  I can't create a generic 3D box using the drawing tools.  HOWEVER, I did find a way around this.  In the library browser, I found the "box" in the the geometric "shapes/boxes."  Once placed on the plan, the box can be made any dimensions and moved to any distance from the floor.  The material can also be changed to "Drywall."

I essentially covered the outer wall material with my own piece of drywall.

Covered with box.png

Interesting.

Excellent job.

Ingenuity is often the easiest way out, even though there's definitely a method to making the walls function as they should. 

Sounds like your version of software actually doesn't have limitations, but rather a different way of defining what Premiere refers to as the 3D solid tool. 

Glad to be of help even though this is entirely your own discovery.

I am curious as to why the soffit I used to wrap the beam didn't have the same effect as the box.  I had tried extending the soffit up the wall, but the lines kept bleeding through the surface.  Well... anyhow I'm ready to start generating all my layouts and send these plans off to the builders for bids.  Been working on these plans for almost 2 years. :/

Thanx

Hmmm... Soffits usually can't be shape shifted like an object. They may have a different behavioral property. 

Good luck with your project by the way. 2 years in the making is a lot of planning. The drawings must be really well resolved! 

4 hours ago, fberus said:

Well... anyhow I'm ready to start generating all my layouts and send these plans off to the builders for bids

With Pro , finish EVERYTHING 1st , then do a Save As Plan for each discipline ...eg Site Plan, Floor Plan(s) Electrical, Foundation etc , as HDP only allows 1  ( as in one)  page per layout  , I believe in HDP 2023 they raised that Limit to 5 Pages , the alternative would be to Rent CA Premier for a month ($200) but likely worth it.

M.