Subfloor extending past wall into garage [SOLVED]

BalutFX

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out how to keep the subfloor from extending past the wall into the garage.  I can manually adjust the wall (which I have as an Interior 6 wall), but the subfloor continues to poke through.  Appreciate any help or suggestions.  Thanks.

Thought I would pass along the solution I received from CA Support, as it doesn’t appear to be an obvious fix. I also had to manually adjust the stem wall height, but now it is all displaying correctly. 

Solution: 

It's a bit of an odd situation that has to do with the platforms of the Garage and the neighboring rooms being at different heights, as well as the floor platforms being hung. To keep the subfloor from generating past where it should, you'll want to open the stem wall separating the Garage from the neighboring room and check the option Subflooring to Wall Interior in the Structure panel.

Room as Garage.jpg

Bigfork Build - 22 Apr 2023.plan

Edited by BalutFX
SOLVED

30 minutes ago, BalutFX said:

I'm sure I'm doing something wrong, but I cannot figure out how to keep the subfloor from extending past the wall into the garage.  I can manually adjust the wall (which I have as an Interior 6 wall), but the subfloor continues to poke through.  Appreciate any help or suggestions.  Thanks.

Room as Garage.jpg

Bigfork Build - 22 Apr 2023.plan 10.56 MB · 3 downloads

Go to Edit > Default Settings > Foundation and uncheck "Hang 1st Floor Platform Inside Foundation Walls." Then reverse the interior wall so its exterior side is facing the garage.

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Chrisb222 said:

Go to Edit > Default Settings > Foundation and uncheck "Hang 1st Floor Platform Inside Foundation Walls." Then reverse the interior wall so its exterior side is facing the garage.

I noticed that too, but I assumed that was on purpose.  What if a person wants the floor inside the foundation? 

54 minutes ago, BalutFX said:

Thanks all, but yes I do want the floors hung inside the foundation walls.  I did rotate the wall, but it did not change the behavior of the subfloor.

My apologies, I should not have assumed you didn't want that.

I could only recreate it when there is an inside corner in the garage, with an exterior wall planing with the interior wall as you have. In that situation the foundation is aligning with the outside of the exterior wall beyond, and the subflooring extends all the way to the inside of the stem wall:

1660607385_ScreenShot2023-04-24at2_01_30PM.thumb.png.b9d6dc92e0aa843ddbf16070a599fef0.png

If you eliminate the inside corner, and reverse the interior partition wall, the foundation will return to align on the opposite side of the wall, stopping the sub flooring:

1051160513_ScreenShot2023-04-24at2_05_00PM.thumb.png.e54b3a1d75ffdcb89b6459eca3ce611a.png

Methinks you have discovered another "incorrect functionality" and unless someone else chimes in with a solution, I'd send it in to tech support.

Screen Shot 2023-04-24 at 1.52.37 PM.png

Thanks Chris.  I appreciate time you took to help figure-out what was going on.  I will submit this to tech support, but am hoping there may still be a solution without changing where that wall aligns with the stem wall.  Thanks again.

19 minutes ago, BalutFX said:

Thanks Chris.  I appreciate time you took to help figure-out what was going on.  I will submit this to tech support, but am hoping there may still be a solution without changing where that wall aligns with the stem wall.  Thanks again.

Might not be the best solution, but once you're comfortable turning auto rebuild off, you can change that one foundation wall definition to something like this:

pic.jpg

• BalutFX changed the title to Subfloor extending past wall into garage [SOLVED]
On 4/24/2023 at 7:41 AM, BalutFX said:

Solution: 

It's a bit of an odd situation that has to do with the platforms of the Garage and the neighboring rooms being at different heights, as well as the floor platforms being hung. To keep the subfloor from generating past where it should, you'll want to open the stem wall separating the Garage from the neighboring room and check the option Subflooring to Wall Interior in the Structure panel.

No.  I'm sorry, but this isn't a good solution and there's a reason I personally didn't mention it.  This will cause your foundation in that area to build up to the top of subfloor and it will remove your sill plate and it will also stop sub-floor from extending beneath your wall as it should. 

Test.thumb.jpg.c17a025e78b50b6762ebbf579abb39ba.jpg