Library Preview not displaying for fold selection.

RobWhite

I can't work out how to display the library preview at the main folder level. Generally, my setup as always shown preview of all symbols under a folder. The screen shot below has the folder highlighted, but preview is blank.

image.thumb.png.3737ac0f25742a59a3761083596ae2b7.png

and this screen shot has the item highlighted and the preview displayed.

image.thumb.png.ae07c18b9cabf48aaddeb14e3ade6ff1.png

I have tried setting under 'preference' & 'setting' but without success. I have even gone back through a few training videos. Not sure if I have filter problem. My library setting is 'not filtered. I have used the 'Reset Panel Layout' in the preference library browser settings. I am sure this is obvious, but it would seem I need help with the obvious.

After pressing the Reset Panel Layout. I get the all door symbols displayed on every library folder I pressure. (Strang)

Can anyone tell me the setting that allow the preview to display when only the folder is selected.

Rob

Its seems I have solved my problem. CA15 has a new settings icon in the library window and when I check the Filter Results, I get the display of all items within the folder. My lack of understanding is obvious. I have no idea but it's working.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, AIM-Deb said:

How did you get the display to turn back on? 

display of what?  a screen grab of what you see would likely help , it may also be better to start you own Post if you don't have the exact same issue.

also many answer require information like the Version of Chief to be answered correctly , this can be done in you Forum Signature so you don't need to type that in each time you post a question , see mine below this post.

this is how to do that........

If you want to turn on the library preview, first click on the "gear" button at the bottom left side of the browser and then make sure there is a check in front of "preview".  If this doesn't help, then you might want to go into your preferences and use the "reset side windows" button.

Also, you might want to check out this training video that covers the new X15 browser:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/268/library-browser-overview.html

• Upvote 1