Stairs not meeting top floor

MN_JohnH

I think you have a problem with room definitions and defaults.  Stairs will try to find the floor height in the room above them.  In your plan, you have at least two open below rooms so the stair looks like it is using the floor defaults for the second floor instead.  I would change the room so it is not an open below, setup your second floor defaults to the heights that you want, and reset your rooms on the second floor to "use defaults", and it should fix the problems.

Also, just as an FYI, if you ever run into problems where you really can't get stairs to find the rooms you want (which shouldn't happen very often), then you can always turn off the automatic heights and manually set the stair heights to whatever you want them to be.

stair height problem.png

• Upvote 1

image.thumb.png.1bba3eab950b30ffd49cf135e572eade.pngimage.thumb.png.b69dd0551f91614e800c8a2ff4449851.png

This seems to work if you do a few steps first.  

1) make sure the room above is defined to have a floor

2) do not have any open to below areas above where the stairs are going to be generated.

(I think you may have made a few attempts to do this staircase and the previous attempts were interfering with your latest attempts.)

3)in the stair DBX lock the bottom of the stairs, and adjust the tread depth to the required size

4) make sure that the riser info falls into code allowed parameters (oh how I wish that CA would allow us to set these defaults.)

112151755_Addition3x15 (1).plan

• Upvote 1