CORNER WINDOW

raltd9245

Click on the windows. Go to frame.

Uncheck corner post. Do this on both windows. 

It will disappear.

I make many of these, and understand your frustration. 

Make sure that each window has been pushed far to the corner of the structure. 

You can do this in plan or in 3D. 

image.thumb.png.d4ca7ff6d80031141cf025fa651b0873.png

• Upvote 1

If you're using X15, you should be able to change the default window setting to use a miter join or use the object painter to transfer that setting. Note that both windows must be a window type that can miter for the miter to be applied (Fixed, Pass-through, any Casement, Single Hung, and Single Awning).

Edit: this is not a dynamic default so changing the setting in the default window will only apply to windows that you create after changing the setting.

1 hour ago, VHampton said:

Uncheck corner post. Do this on both windows.

In X15 it's now two radio buttons.

37 minutes ago, raltd9245 said:

Chief nevedr seems to make it easy. I jusyt do not think like they do!!!

There some significant changes to this setting between X14 and X15 and it should be a little easier. I have some more improvements on my list for future versions, but we'll see when I get to them.

X14

This option is only enabled if the window you have selected is corner joined and is a type that can corner join. This option is disabled if multiple windows are selected, except for the case where two windows are selected and they are corner joined to each other. It is also a hard setting, meaning this setting forces a corner post or miter join. This also means that this setting can change when the window type changes.

image.thumb.png.e22281ed2804a8fbfbacb175226ddf9f.png

X15

This option is enabled whenever you have a window that is corner joined and is a type that can corner join. This options is also enabled for the default window when it is a type that can miter, and when multiple windows are selected and any of them would have this option enabled. It is also a soft setting, meaning that it is applied only when the situation allows a miter join. This setting can also be transferred between windows using the object painter and the style palette.

image.thumb.png.5148f0634bd021cee1eb2a58074da159.png

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, raltd9245 said:

Chief nevedr seems to make it easy. I jusyt do not think like they do!!!

Oh they make it easier than some other CAD out there but hard to figure out the tricks of the trade.

Thanks GD, VH & JB on how to do this trick.

5 hours ago, raltd9245 said:

Much thanks from the OLD man. I'm probably one of the oldest Cheifters atthe young age of 83, Still working every day!!!

You’re most welcome sir. You are a young many by the way in many regards. My best friend and mentor was working until his latter 90’s. Sharp as ever, and doing the most innovative work of his career as time moved on. He designed many important homes in his early days including the infamous Wave House in Malibu, which inspired the Sydney Opera house designer. Always evolving and endeavoring to be more creative, with an abundance of enthusiasm. 

As the great Satchel Page once said… (paraphrasing) if you didn’t know how old you were, how old would you think (you were)? Stay young at heart my friend, and my sincere compliments that you’re immersed in practicing your craft with technology. I still miss the long gone hand drafting days, yet if one doesn’t adapt, we get left in the dust. 

Having said that, it’s an inspiration to see you going strong.  
All the best.  Sincerely, Val 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you as well! Always appreciative for the positive responses. Enjoy the rest of your day. 

…and yes the new X15 features are simply great. An understatement. The glass corner option for a mitred edge is one of the many many new advancements. (I posted the method pertaining to the earlier release for solution since the original question was geared around previous software capability). 

That said, Thank you JB and all of your associates at CA. Just when you think the program can’t get any better, it does. Much gratitude for the excellent work. 

• Upvote 1