Drawing Sheet Margins

Joe_Carrick

I have defined the Drawing Sheet Margins so I know what will be available for drawing to match the Layout.

However, I do not want those margins to be displayed in the Layout when I send the entire sheet.

Does anyone know how to suppress their display in Layout?  I can't even fine what layer they are on.

12 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Not sure there is any way to turn those off without turning off the Drawing Sheet altogether.  Can you just turn off the drawing sheet?  And perhaps place a CAD object to represent the Drawing Sheet?

Turning off the Drawing Sheet doesn't do it.

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

Turning off the Drawing Sheet doesn't do it.

Joe one worka round that may take extra time is trace rectangles with your rectangles turn off the chief ones and send to layout then turn your rectangles off

Don't know if that works but a try

Ron

I create a CAD dashed line box called "set-out frame" on its own layer.

The set-out frame overall size (height and width) defines the extend of the drawing area for a floor plan or cross section on the plan/cross section sheet.

The set-out frame size is determined by the plan scale that it is sent to the layout, also the layout sheet size.

Once the plan sheet is sent to the layout and centred or placed on the layout sheet as required, you then turn the "set-out frame" layer "off" so it is not displayed on the layout sheet.

In my library I have a range of set-out frame sizes already set up for different scales.

• Upvote 1

FWIW, I have quite simply copied the area of my Layout Sheet that's available for drawings and set up the same margins in my Plan Sheet.  Nothing else is needed.  When the Sheet is shown, the Margins are also shown.

I have a Rectangle Polyline that corresponds to the Sheet Boundary so when I send to Layout the Layout Box is the same size as the Layout Page.

For Details, the Boundary is sized as a whole fraction of the available area

• Upvote 1