3D WH Symbols & Colors / Finishes

RobUSMC

This may need to go in the symbol forum. If so I'll move it. I had a question. When you download a symbol from 3D WH does anyone select more details and also download the finishes?  I have downloaded a lot from 3D but so many times like faucets you only have one have a single material and when assigned a material the entire fixture is that material such as stainless.  Alot of symbols have multiple materials as they should but each part of the faucet is not specified such as handle, spout, main body and so on.  I have attached several screenshots and hopefully they make sense.  Basically I would like to download a symbol and when imported it looks like the real thing.   An if the finishes are downloaded can they be renamed?  Right now one is... 0f977798-eb13-4bb6-a857-fca56448de97.skm  which is Brizo's Luxe Gold finish and I would like to rename it as such.

More Details on Download Screen.png

Brizo Finishes 3D WH.png

Faucet Imports.png

Brizo Faucet.png

Hi Rob, 

It's been a while since I've used Sketchup, but I believe what's happening is that the model was "grouped". 

What you might have to do is open the file up in Sketchup, ungroup/explode it, then resave it. Importing this updated file into CA should allow you to assign different materials to different parts. 

Rob,

In the Chief Architect Brizo catalog there is a faucet that looks like the Litze you are showing, but in the Chief catalog it is listed under "Solna".  Maybe mis-named in the catalog?   There is also a "Brilliance Brushed Bronze" finish available which might pass for the Luxe Gold finish?  

Susan

699284855_Screenshot2023-03-16at2_01_02PM.thumb.png.d71258e9dd8fb9aa85fa856c6af07d6f.png1044817745_Screenshot2023-03-16at1_57_13PM.thumb.png.00af12698e216bbd01eb6e922739ce11.png

• 8 months later...