Editing Imported 3D Symbols - Deleting Surfaces

Ange822

Good morning,

I'm wondering if there is an easier way to mass delete surfaces when trying to edit a symbol. This specific example was a light fixture I downloaded from 3D warehouse. When imported however I noticed the user had added an image beside the light fixture. So I went to try and edit the symbol / create a new symbol without that figure. Come to find out that the dress has a bunch of Polkadots on it and each dot will need to be deleted. 

In conclusion, I wasn't sure if there was a way to delete this large area faster than clicking on each individual dot. I have run into this before with other symbols trying to edit them but I would just give up and not proceed as it would take forever to delete all surfaces. 

Screenshot 2023-03-09 085038.jpg

You can try selecting the Polkadots (draw a box around them) then use the 'Delete Surface' tool (3D/Delete Surface). Otherwise you'd need to do it in SketchUp. If you don't have SU on your system, send it to me and i'll try to edit it for you.

14 minutes ago, ericepv said:

You can try selecting the Polkadots (draw a box around them) then use the 'Delete Surface' tool (3D/Delete Surface). Otherwise you'd need to do it in SketchUp. If you don't have SU on your system, send it to me and i'll try to edit it for you.

It won't let me draw a box around them. Please see the attached skp file. That is greatly appreciated!

Light - Beaded Chandelier.skp

This was created in a newer version of SU than what I have (SU 2017). Please find this on 3D Warehouse and then download the Collada file (.dae). I'll be able to import that into my SU.

Angela,

There is a "Bead Chandelier" in one of Chief's catalogs for download that is similar to the one you are showing. 

Catalog is called "Mediterranean No. 2"

Chandelier is called "Bead Chandelier"

Might be an option if you cannot get rid of all the polka dots on yours!

Susan

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.41.53 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.42.20 AM.png

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SusanC said:

Angela,

There is a "Bead Chandelier" in one of Chief's catalogs for download that is similar to the one you are showing. 

Catalog is called "Mediterranean No. 2"

Chandelier is called "Bead Chandelier"

Might be an option if you cannot get rid of all the polka dots on yours!

Susan

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.41.53 AM.png

Screenshot 2023-03-09 at 8.42.20 AM.png

Thank you Susan I do have this library but unfortunately it is too large for what I need. Thank you though :)

• Like 1