Cabinet Labels not appearing in X15

ChiefSchippers

I recently downloaded X15, and have been working under the kitchen + bath plan view. I'm having trouble with getting cabinet labels to show up - when I look under the layer settings, it is checked on. I have gone into each cabinet and unchecked 'suppress label' under the label tab as well. 

Any suggestions or tricks here? 

Thank you! 

Amber 

We are not aware of any problems with cabinet labels in X15.

As a general rule, cabinet labels would not be suppressed by default so I am not sure why you would have had to uncheck suppress unless you actually suppressed them for some reason. 

The other thing you might want to check is to see what layer the cabinet label is using.  Since labels can be manually placed on any layer, you should check that the actual layer is turned on.  One easy way to do this is to select the cabinet and look what layers show up in either the Object Layer Properties dialog or the Active Layer Display Options side window.

The other thing you might want to do is to post your plan on this forum.  I'm sure someone would be able to figure out the problem very quickly without having to make guesses.

Also, please remember that X15 is currently a beta version.  If you find any problems at all, you should always report them to our tech support team:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/

Your cabinets are included in your cabinet schedule.  Your cabinets also have "Show Schedule Callout" turned off.  Your cabinet schedule is setup to only display callouts.  So even when you uncheck "Suppress Label" they will not display a label.

Do you want to your cabinets to display callouts, labels, or both?  Open up your cabinet schedule and choose the appropriate option.

Open up your cabinets and uncheck "Suppress Label" for any cabinets that you want to ever show a label.  Also, check "Show Schedule Callout" for any cabinet that you want to ever show a schedule callout.

In general, you should only check "Suppress Label" for a cabinet that you never want to show a label.  For example, something that you are modelling with a cabinet but it is not really a cabinet.

In general, you should not uncheck "Show Schedule Callout" unless you have a cabinet in a cabinet schedule but you don't want it to ever display the callout.  Most of the time, if you don't want a callout you might not want it to appear in your cabinet schedule either and you can just uncheck "Include in Schedule" instead.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, ChiefSchippers said:

Cabinets are on the correct layer - cabinets, base layer. I have checked to ensure that the cabinet label layer is turned on as well. 

You have "Suppress Label' Checked in all of your cabinets.

image.thumb.png.743a8038b5b1b84d5483b901d49c2d15.png

I am able to have the labels appear now that I unchecked 'suppress label', but just have to do it manually to each cabinet individually. I also added in a cabinet schedule, which maybe was a missing component? 

This will work for now. Thanks for the help! 

The plan you posted above had most of the cabinet labels suppressed.  They are also suppressed in your cabinet defaults.  I can't think of a good reason to do this.

The plan you posted also already had a cabinet schedule.  If you added another one, you could have new issues related to having duplicate schedules.  You can always use the Project Browser to find all of the schedules that you currently have in your plan.

Please reread my post above and if anything does not make sense then ask more questions.

I can make all the labels show by group selecting cabinets, unchecking Suppress label. Then in schedule checking use label.

However I can't get callouts to show no matter if I try to "use both label and callout" or just "use callout".

Unless @Dermot has a solution for that I'd send it in- I'm not having the same issue on any plans I have either brought forward or new.

17 minutes ago, MarkMc said:

However I can't get callouts to show no matter if I try to "use both label and callout" or just "use callout".

I got it to show eventually (it did not originally but I do not know what I did, I think once the callout C01 was showing, and now it can go on and off, but not sure)

image.png.9a2aeddcb640833e80a04b813696c81d.png

image.thumb.png.3a9080f17b11bc5e84533f5c01df88cb.png

image.thumb.png.81ea6e120e4d07ea57c756960099a32a.png