Filter User Library

ACAaron

90% of my Library Symbols are either custom, or ones I found in Chief library that I moved to my user Catalog.  I'd like to be able to search for something, but limit the search to just my User Catalog.  I am not able to find a way to create a filter for this.

Any suggestions on searching in my own User Library easier?

• 2 weeks later...

Odd.  For some reason, I don't get the optimage.thumb.png.ff89a0f8fae36672abc6002f2e134dc1.pngion for "User" in the Filter.  I do see I can right click on my User Catalog and do a search; however, I'd prefer to create a filer.  Any suggestions?

Filter Screenshot.png

11 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

No need to even set up a special filter.

There is a difference if you work primarily from the User Catalog as the OP does, and I do. 

When accessing the library from a DBX in X14 and you have a saved filter in use  that filter applied. Image below the User Filter was on prior to opening DBX

image.thumb.png.cc26cbf94b050d5fdedb67c34043152b.png

There is a down side to that if you don't know how the filters work -if the object currently listed in the DBX is not found with the filter on you won't see it. I suppose this could be a problem for some newbies? 

image.thumb.png.d94dac538acde4c9358249c2ef9bc138.png

X15- the saved filter is dropped completely in favor of what the program has decided for you, your saved filters are not accessible in that DBX all of which leaves you to rummage around or use the start clicking your way in the  search.

image.thumb.png.ac0c677c26b4d33eb4249736cd915cf3.png

5 hours ago, MarkMc said:

There is a difference if you work primarily from the User Catalog as the OP does, and I do. 

When accessing the library from a DBX in X14 and you have a saved filter in use  that filter applied. Image below the User Filter was on prior to opening DBX

image.thumb.png.cc26cbf94b050d5fdedb67c34043152b.png

There is a down side to that if you don't know how the filters work -if the object currently listed in the DBX is not found with the filter on you won't see it. I suppose this could be a problem for some newbies? 

image.thumb.png.d94dac538acde4c9358249c2ef9bc138.png

X15- the saved filter is dropped completely in favor of what the program has decided for you, your saved filters are not accessible in that DBX all of which leaves you to rummage around or use the start clicking your way in the  search.

image.thumb.png.ac0c677c26b4d33eb4249736cd915cf3.png

You're kind of moving the goalpost here.  Until now there was no discussion about using the Library in Select Library Object mode.  I was only responding to the original question.