Bonus shutters don't arch?

WoodlandDesign

Having a problem getting a bonus shutters to arch mirroring the window shape.  Standard library shutters seem to have no problem but I want to use one from the bonus library (or possibly a custom).  Is there a trick I'm unaware of?  Don't see any boxes to check or uncheck that may make a difference.

Have reviewed older post that addresses similar question but didn't see my exact situation.

Thanks in advance.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 123919.jpg

There's no trick.  Symbols are not the same as Chief's native objects.  Essentially the native objects are controlled by the software while the symbols are basically fixed geometry.  The symbols can be modified as to size and materials but otherwise are limited to their basic shape.

Chief cannot modify the shape of symbols. If you got the shutter from the library dialog than all Chief can do is stretch it to the correct size. See the link below for more information.

56 minutes ago, WoodlandDesign said:

Standard library shutters seem to have no problem

Are you talking about the parametric shutter types, Panel and Louvered?

Disappointing the program isn't more flexible especially on a popular item like a shutter.

Actually, I think the program is pretty flexible because it lets you make any arched shutters.  You just can't make an arched shutter using a library symbol though. 

Think about this for a minute.  A symbol is just a collection of 3D surfaces.  You can setup "stretch planes" which will let the program know how to make it fit any rectangular shape.  How would this work if the shape had any curved sides though?  They could either "warp" it or "trim" it to fit the shape but neither of these might look like how the shutter is actually made.  I think this is a case where you are better off building a new symbol that matches what you would have IRL.

arched shutters.jpg