Where do I place calibz files?

rhadkins2002

16 hours ago, rhadkins2002 said:

I'll try that. Sounds familiar. Do I delete the file once it's done installing?

You Can save them for Future Use on an External Drive too if worried about space

Chief now has over 430 Downloads available.....1 by 1 :)

If Chief is Open and aNew Plan is Open , you can Click Open File once downloaded in Edge and they will install into X14 ( as long as .calibz Files are associated with X14. see Preferences if it doesn't work , there is a big button to click.)

I haven't update this since Sept but the PDF will give to a List to start with.......

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kbird1 said:

You Can save them for Future Use

That's probably the best habit.

Along these lines, do you happen to know if Chief ever "retires" libraries or are they more or less always available on their website?

Jim

13 hours ago, JKEdmo said:

That's probably the best habit.

Along these lines, do you happen to know if Chief ever "retires" libraries or are they more or less always available on their website?

Jim

In the Sort Term no but yes Chief has a Policy to only support the previous 8 Versions, so currently Libraries as far back as x7 are available, however as far as I know only the current Versions Files are ever updated/fixed.

If you have the X12 version of a Library you can install it and Run the Catalog up Date ( good habit to do once a week or so anyway ) and it will be updated to the current X14 version for example , so saved downloads can work to advantage that way too ie save a redownload , one trick is if a Library is updated auto. but is now missing something you like or used a loot is to re-name the older version /calibz file and re-install it the normal way. The renaming seems to stop the "Updater" from recognizing older Libraries and leaves them alone.  * I found this out by accident as some of Chief's naming schemes aren't all that intuitive, and added info to file name I was saving.

M.