changing the order of the cabinet numbering

Pam-millstrong

Is there a way to change the order of the cabinet numbering?

In the schedule  number C01 - shows properly, same goes on the floor plan, however on the plan C01 can be on the south wall and C02 completely on the other side (East).

Is there a way to create a better flow?

Also would like the see the same callout on the elevation view if possible...

Thank you for your help,

Pam:  Easy to re-sort a schedule.  In the schedule, click on the cabinet you want to move and drag it to the position you want in the schedule and the numbering will adjust.  That is discussed at the 6:11 minute mark in this video:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1544/door-window-cabinet-schedules.html

Good luck!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, SusanC said:

Pam:  Easy to re-sort a schedule.  In the schedule, click on the cabinet you want to move and drag it to the position you want in the schedule and the numbering will adjust.  That is discussed at the 6:11 minute mark in this video:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/videos/watch/1544/door-window-cabinet-schedules.html

Good luck!  

Hi,  perhaps you'd  both like to add your thoughts to this thread , I had the same frustration today....

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GriffDesign said:

If you click on the cabinet there is a move cabinet up in schedule and move cabinet down in schedule icon on the object toolbar (at the bottom for me)

Yeah Thanks , it just very slow when cabinet 72 , needs to be Cabinet No#1 :)  , but please add any thoughts to the Thread linked above....

M.

Yeah, its a pain either way but with long schedules I always got more frustrated with having to constantly move the cabinet to top of screen, scroll down, move it more and just finally went to using the up/down arrows exclusively. That said I absolutely hate doing Cabinet schedules more than anything else in the software (largely for this reason) and try to get away with detailed elevations whenever possible. If the stupid cabinet schedules would allow you to populate by room that would be a huge improvement.

2 hours ago, GriffDesign said:

If the stupid cabinet schedules would allow you to populate by room that would be a huge improvement.

If you need individual Room Schedules you can do it like Bill suggests above or you can Add the Room Column to your Schedule as I do, I make it the 1st Column, I then roughly drag the Cabinets into "Room Groups" , Renumber the Schedule, and as I work through the Elevations, start the numbering Left to Right in each View, going clockwise around the Room usually.

image.thumb.png.2b23417367afcf9704fa36327fa3a3eb.png

Mick.