Dimensions not displaying on layout

AmberDawn

Is it possible that your dimensions are being displayed outside the area of the layout box?  Try selecting the layout box and making it larger.

Is it possible that your dimensions are on a layer that is turned off in the layer set being used on the layout?  This could be a different layer set than the one you are using in the elevation.

Did you send the elevation to the layout as an image?  Images won't update when you make changes to the view.

If it is not one of these, then you might need to post your plan.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, AmberDawn said:

I am trying to get my elevation dimensions to show up on my layout. I used auto elevation dimensions and they displayed, but they're not transferring to my layout? Please help! 

Hey @AmberDawn - You may need to 'refresh' your views if you sent the elevation to layout then made additional changes, like adding in dimensions.  If they still don't show up, check your viewport window to make sure it's big enough to see all the dimensions.

Guess it was a glitch?

Maybe... but I would still bet good money that when you sent your original elevation to layout that the layout box was automatically sized to just go to the wall sides and then when you added your elevation dimensions that they were outside of your walls and therefore outside of the layout box and clipped out of the view.  This is a very common gotcha and why both I and Adam suggested selecting the layout box and making it bigger.  Resending views will solve almost all problems but many times it is not actually needed.

In the past I have sent floor plans to the layout and in the layout the dimension numbers were missing but the string of lines was still showing. Hasn't happened lately but definitely did happen. The only fix was to resend it. sent it in to t.s. ,but didn't do that for them. might have been something with my system.