Possible to access and search the library with a hotkey?

Renerabbitt

38 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

It's possible, but I have NOT found a way that doesn't involve closing and re-opening the Library Browser.  I posted the most effective sequence that I've come up with here:

Yeah thats what I came up with. Hotkey for the library 2x followed up ctrl+A+Del. Ugh, annoying.

21 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Yeah thats what I came up with. Hotkey for the library 2x followed up ctrl+A+Del. Ugh, annoying.

If you're using a macro/keystroke recorder and intending to share with other users, I would suggest the exact approach I spelled out.  The one you seem to be suggesting is not very dependable.  It's the approach I originally started with, but I found it only consistently works if the library browser is its own window.  If the Library Browser is docked along with ALDO and/or the Project Browser like many of us do, and something other than the Library Browser was the last activated window, then that window is the one that stay active.  The Library browser will close and reopen, but you won't be able to get to it.

1 hour ago, Alaskan_Son said:

sing a macro/keystroke recorde

What is the "Menu" key?

1 hour ago, Joe_Carrick said:

I works with the Stream Deck only because you can string together a lot of keystrokes.

I prefer the radial menus I have setup for my connexion which can also record macros, but every keystroke adds time especially to my slower single threaded speeds on my 14 core

58 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

I prefer the radial menus I have setup for my connexion which can also record macros, but every keystroke adds time especially to my slower single threaded speeds on my 14 core

I use Jitbit Macro Recorder in which I can set the delay between keystrokes to whatever I want.  A sequence of 20 or 30 keystrokes can be carried out in a split second.  This of course isn't always the case.  Some operations require setting longer delays, but if you're currently limited to the built in delays, then I would suggest you consider using a different macro recording software.  I'm sure you could still assign the macros to you radial menus as well. 

Just now, Alaskan_Son said:

I use Jitbit Macro Recorder in which I can set the delay between keystrokes to whatever I want.  A sequence of 20 or 30 keystrokes can be carried out in a split second.  This of course isn't always the case.  Some operations require setting longer delays, but if you're currently be limited to the built in delays, then I would suggest you consider using a different macro recording software.  I'm sure you could still assign the macros to you radial menus as well. 

Menu button isnt on any of my keyboards..any idea what ascii key it reps?
no problem with writing in any number of delays, but slower single threaded processors cannot keep up with really tight delays in some cases.
SO I might make a suggestion for a method from chief to access a library search with a single hotkey

28 minutes ago, Renerabbitt said:

Menu button isnt on any of my keyboards..any idea what ascii key it reps?

Not sure about ascii but I believe the the JavaScript key code is 93.  You can also try Shift+F10 or Control+Shift+F10.  I can't make either of those work on my system. but I also have a menu key, so I'm not sure if that's affecting things or not.