Disappearing menu

buzzsaw204

Hi buzz,

So it opens fine initially and then crashes your toolbar when you open a plan file, or when you change views that would trigger a new toolbar configuration ?

What action caused it to crash and it looks like maybe it does not crash completely but leaves you in a corrupted state ?

If it was a bug, I think others would be seeing the same thing.  I am almost thinking it might be a memory issue or a corrupt directory.

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

...opens fine initially and then .. when you change views that would trigger a new toolbar configuration 

opens and working fine....then sometime just randomly crashes like that.  it's happening more & more frequently lately.

not to point of unworkable, but just annoying to shut down & reopen app.

Any chance you are using a cloud service tor your data files ?   Also try an take note of the exact sequence that causes the issue...  3D view, Elevation view, etc.  I believe there are 7 toolbar types and 6 or maybe 5 stock toolbar configurations.

5 minutes ago, buzzsaw204 said:

not Cloud service...but i do use external USB drive for data file.

That could certainly be a possible issue or slow down.  Being used to a SSD I am not sure I could imagine a USB connection.

If you can figure out exactly what toolbar is failing there are automatic backups that you could try and that would eliminate the possibility of file corruption.

15 minutes ago, buzzsaw204 said:

not Cloud service...but i do use external USB drive for data file.

Are you sure ? as most recent Macs I have seen (of Clients)    automatically backup the Documents Folder to iCloud by default....

Macs come with Dropbox now I think also? at least my client's had it and the Data Folder was being backed up to it as well.

Chief has several KB articles about that and similar Issues with PCs..... 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03116/resolving-unexpected-behavior-on-a-mac-by-redirecting-the-data-folder.html 

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-03125/troubleshooting-error-messages-associated-with-the-program-s-data-folder.html#macOS

M.