Angled Shower Wall Issue - Wall Intersection Cleanup

JKEdmo

Hello,

I have a shower stall with a corner glass door as shown.

Two of the walls are pony interior stud walls for the curb with shower glass walls above (centered).

The bottom plumbing wall is a full height stud wall.

Having issues with the wall merge circled below.  I tried "edit wall layer intersections" unsuccessfully.   Any hints or tips?

Thanks once again for your help,

Jim

image.thumb.png.9b86943ace95d851b0c53f196e59141b.png

image.thumb.png.83944b3da8a68b2e23de59c10e06b0fc.png

51 minutes ago, JKEdmo said:

shower stall with a corner glass door as shown

Very finicky point, esp. with Chiefs pony walls.  You'll have to turn that plumbing wall to meet the pony wall.  I put in a room divider wall to locate the glass pony, then turned the shower wall angled to match.  As you can see I only could do about 4" min. before it reverts back to how you had originally.   

SHOWER WALL 1.png

SHOWER WALL.png

18 minutes ago, mtldesigns said:

Very finicky point, esp. with Chiefs pony walls.

Thanks Michael for your quick reply.

Is there any setting in Chief to turn off wall cleanup on a single wall basis?  (I believe the answer is no...)

Jim

1 hour ago, JKEdmo said:

(I believe the answer is no...)

Not that I know of. When this happens to me I adjust the door to the corner (giving enough space between the edge of the door and wall corner helps, if you can afford it. In terms of plan view appearance you can add 2D closed polylines with a fill to cover up plan view visual anomalies. 

The software has built in limits past which one cannot get by and so it is incumbent on the end user to find something that does work at all times. Given the will, there usually is a solution you can gain.

DJP

46 minutes ago, DavidJPotter said:

Not that I know of. When this happens to me I adjust the door to the corner (giving enough space between the edge of the door and wall corner helps, if you can afford it. In terms of plan view appearance you can add 2D closed polylines with a fill to cover up plan view visual anomalies. 

The software has built in limits past which one cannot get by and so it is incumbent on the end user to find something that does work at all times. Given the will, there usually is a solution you can gain.

DJP

Thanks. You're right -- a big part of learning the software is learning its limits, then learning the workarounds.

Jim