foundation wall has odd -- on corner

SHCanada2

I'm sure I've seen this before just dont recall how to fix it or if i need to fix. these are furred walls. maybe it is just showing the intersection of the concrete wall? but if so you'd think it would have a vertical one too

image.png.3cb619b857adc2581a6543159a8f6446.png

image.thumb.png.084ce15512e2ba2034f5af3e28a147af.png

image.thumb.png.5c1c4fb06d43c86d122e3cc9399fd7ed.png

if i pull both walls past the corner (there are now 3 lines one vertical and two horizontal 

image.thumb.png.e2cf81bef89b26e336b2882d25305967.png

if I change to non furred walls I do not get the -- 

image.png.2c26b50783c438e65e78c2a74fe9abdd.png

If I change back to furred its now different with the corner missing

image.thumb.png.962470493d7871f5bb5eb02e79eec625.png

• SHCanada2 changed the title to foundation wall has odd -- on corner

I don't think you should make your foundation walls furred walls.  Normally, like when you are designing a finished basement, you would make the framed walls that you butt up against your concrete foundation walls furred but I always leave the foundation walls alone.  Also, if you make any wall furred, it won't define rooms which can lead to other problems.

1 hour ago, DBCooper said:

I don't think you should make your foundation walls furred walls.  Normally, like when you are designing a finished basement, you would make the framed walls that you butt up against your concrete foundation walls furred but I always leave the foundation walls alone.  Also, if you make any wall furred, it won't define rooms which can lead to other problems.

hmmm I'm pretty sure the point of making it furred is so I do not have the 2x4 wall next to the concrete wall and then CA making a tiny room. as I used to do it that way and then CA suggested it be furred

My wall is concrete, air gap, 2x4. I've been doing it like this for a couple years after having micro room problem..

but I dont understand what you are suggesting..., concrete wall and then a 2x4 right beside it? is it no locate to avoid the micro room problem

17 minutes ago, SHCanada2 said:

but I dont understand what you are suggesting..., concrete wall and then a 2x4 right beside it? is it no locate to avoid the micro room problem

No.  It’s a Furred Wall to avoid the room issue.  And I agree.  It’s the method I typically use as well.  

I believe that is what I have. If I turn on the layers, it looks like:

image.thumb.png.c0b0f82d2f23b53a2a59b13279062a9a.png

and my wall definition is

image.thumb.png.65ea50619c9ece56932f98585c09e031.png

the irony is the whole reason I started looking is because I was getting this:

image.thumb.png.c18c677e32a16bb2e4577ab68f6d8abd.png

and I was trying to make sure the walls were all connected properly. they seem to line up top to bottom from foundation to second floor

There are (at least) two different ways to do a finished basement.  

One way is to draw a foundation wall with a separate framed wall drawn inside the foundation and bumped up against the foundation wall.  The framed wall should be marked as furred in this case.  You can find more info here:

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/support/article/KB-00181/creating-furred-walls.html

The other way is to create a new wall type that has both concrete and framing.  If you are doing it this way, I don't think you want to mark the foundation wall a furred wall.  You should not get any extra rooms because you are only using one wall (even though it has both concrete and framing built in).

I don't know what is going on with the problem in the last picture.  You probably need to post the plan.

33 minutes ago, DBCooper said:

The other way is to create a new wall type that has both concrete and framing.  If you are doing it this way, I don't think you want to mark the foundation wall a furred wall.  You should not get any extra rooms because you are only using one wall (even though it has both concrete and framing built in).

that is how i have it and i do not get the extra rooms

it is set to frame through which i think is correct based on the article

image.thumb.png.7cd0aef3a53b690bfc20bdfb1d08d183.png

i'm beginning to think this little -- is normal,  just never see it because the layers are on