Global Library

dhurst

Is there a way to change the layer of an object within the library?  For example, registers come in on the Fixtures, interior layer, we want it to be placed on the HVAC layer? I know we can create a user library with these objects, but is there a universal way of doing this?

50 minutes ago, dhurst said:

Is there a way to change the layer of an object within the library?  For example, registers come in on the Fixtures, interior layer, we want it to be placed on the HVAC layer? I know we can create a user library with these objects, but is there a universal way of doing this?

No, you must create your own library of objects to be able to control the layer settings. Unfortunately, this doesn't apply to cad blocks in your library; a custom layer setting can't be applied to these.

No, Chief doesn't allow modifications of object in their Core, Bonus & Mfr Libraries.  You can however request the Content Team make modifications - but they have the final decision.

But you can copy Chief Libraries to your User Library.  You can then open symbols in the copies and edit them.  They won't however be changed in the Chief Libraries.  

The quickest way (which is still pretty slow) that I know of is to place every object that you need in a plan file. Then marquee select all objects and change their layer. Close the dialog and while they are still all selected, add them to the library. Then proceed with the somewhat tedious process of organizing them in the user library.

Just as an aside, i do all matter of design and documents and I never use any core or bonus items any more, i only use modified content in my user library which is more dynamic and easy to modify, including converting symbols of one class to another… it’s an improvement trust us!

• Like 1