Does CA only allow upgrades on weekdays?

keithhe

I have two licenses, with one at X14 and the other at X13. I went to upgrade the X13 to x14 on another computer and although CA was happy to take my $7xx.00, would not allow me to download the X14.

I'll have the computers at two different locations and would allow me to avoid taking computer with me, or releasing and reestablishing which I choose not to do.(in case anyone was wondering) 

Anyone seen this? I know I can call on their left coast hours Monday, but seems that once I pay for the upgrade I should be entitled to actually have that version without having to call them.

Isn't X14 already in your locker? Just put it on your other computer. The install isn't tied to a license number until you tie it to one.

Paying extra money to save a :20 second click in order to have the software at 2 different locations was not, in my opinion, a good use of funds. I have had Chief on multiple computers for almost 20 years without ever even considering buying a second license. 

Joey, Thanks. I expect it isn't a great use of the money for sure. In this case though, i only actually pay for one of them. Other is paid for (reimbursed) by my employer, but they have no need for it. My thought was that I'm often traveling between my home and family home about 100 miles away, and sometimes i don't plan to be there, or have my computer with me, so having it on two separate computers, given i have the two licenses anyway, would allow me to keep anything I'm working on in the cloud, pull it down to work on it, then put back up.

Not really necessary, but with the two, it seemed like a good way to make them more useful.