Designing a room without a whole house

stager386

I am wondering if there is a protocol for working on a room design without having to draw the entire house.  I usually create a box, simple roof and foundation, to make sure the renderings have the right light.  When there are complicated roof lines and odd eaves in the room, I sometimes use polyline solids, rather than spend time on the roof line.  I am wondering what other people do.  Here is a closet I am doing for a client. There are 2 sloped ceiling planes that are angled and meet each other at the bottom in a point. It's almost like an upside down cone.  I am not sure what the entire roof looks like, so I can't reproduce it.  Any advice here?  Thanks! 

CA Advice (1).jpg

CA Advice (2).jpg

CA Advice (3).jpg

CA Advice (4).jpg

23 minutes ago, stager386 said:

I am wondering if there is a protocol for working on a room design without having to draw the entire house.  I usually create a box, simple roof and foundation, to make sure the renderings have the right light.  When there are complicated roof lines and odd eaves in the room, I sometimes use polyline solids, rather than spend time on the roof line.  I am wondering what other people do.  Here is a closet I am doing for a client. There are 2 sloped ceiling planes that are angled and meet each other at the bottom in a point. It's almost like an upside down cone.  I am not sure what the entire roof looks like, so I can't reproduce it.  Any advice here?  Thanks! 

CA Advice (1).jpg

CA Advice (2).jpg

CA Advice (3).jpg

CA Advice (4).jpg

I do it all the time.  I use different levels for different rooms to aid in separating them but make them inside of a fake house.  For something like this I would use ceiling planes which doesn't matter if it's not following the roof lines as long as there is room.

• Like 1

When doing a specific area, I usually create all the surrounding rooms that would be seen from  the target room in my 3D renderings so they look realistic. If one is not doing a room addition where exterior elevations are required, I just concentrate of the target area.

DJP