Shed roof style trusses.......

winterdd

Sit under?  It looks like from where you put the ceiling plane and the roof you have the wall plates where they are specified in the roof structure dialog.  You have roof structure at 5.5 inches.  Did the truss guy say they can span with top chord bearing as you show?

9 hours ago, GeneDavis said:

Sit under?  It looks like from where you put the ceiling plane and the roof you have the wall plates where they are specified in the roof structure dialog.  You have roof structure at 5.5 inches.  Did the truss guy say they can span with top chord bearing as you show?

Here is the how I wanted them to sit on top of the top plate. Like I said, I normally can figure out where I went wrong but I messed with so many settings this time I am stumped. I had I-joists and the roof auto build worked perfect but I talked the builder and they preferred trusses for A/c duct. I wish trusses could be set up in the roof structure like the I-joists instead of manually pulling them from end to end. Maybe I'm wrong though. I have the sub fascia and fascia sizes like I want them.

normal_1453774108-east_view_far_away_1000.jpg

Your photo shows parallel chord trusses sitting atop walls.  Not bearing on top chord.  Your can build either way, but for insulation details, I prefer it like the photo.

To get the trusses to sit that way, re-spec your roof at the depth of the trusses.  Something like 16, not the 5.5 you did.  Specify the 5.5 top chord before drawing trusses, and edit the first truss placed to have the required o'hang of just the top 2x6.  Chief won't do that for you.

In a PM I just sent, I provide more detail.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

Your photo shows parallel chord trusses sitting atop walls.  Not bearing on top chord.  Your can build either way, but for insulation details, I prefer it like the photo.

To get the trusses to sit that way, re-spec your roof at the depth of the trusses.  Something like 16, not the 5.5 you did.  Specify the 5.5 top chord before drawing trusses, and edit the first truss placed to have the required o'hang of just the top 2x6.  Chief won't do that for you.

In a PM I just sent, I provide more detail.

Thanks Gene, makes better sense now and I believe I got it.