All The Metals In Standard View Show As Black

4hotshoez

rather than the gray that the material has in its definition. I do not always do RT which solves this, but the client wondered why all the hardware was oil rubbed bronze. They are brushed nickle but show as black.

What setting might I use that will work for both Standard view and RT's?

Make sure that the material assigned has both a color-pattern for Vector view cameras and a texture file for render-Ray Trace views, the better quality textures give the best results and allows you to finely adjust the Materials "Properties" where as a simple color only allows poor quality and no property adjustment, worth mentioning.

DJP

Also, is there a book or an extensive manual on Ray-tracing and setting up lights and materials for Chief? There a so many variables that take time to play with to get an image to work how you want. The subject really could use its own book.

The last time I needed to produce a high quality ray trace there was much time spent fiddling with lighting, textures, etc... It is the nature of the task. Getting the lighting right will always involve some trial and error. It took a number of test ray traces to see the results of the changes.