Foundation Wall Schedule - Footing Width and Depth Varies

wazzubrad

Guys, I am starting to find some of the limitations that I see discussed in the forums and am wondering if this is one of those. The current plan I am working on has various footing widths and depths specified by the engineer for the foundation walls. While trying to create a wall schedule that will show each wall based on footing width and depth and when I look at the available macro's under Object Properties for a macro I don't see anything specific to the footing depth. Anyone know if this property exists for a foundation wall?

image.thumb.png.4ec34129de201838a9cc57643a5d76fb.png

5 hours ago, wazzubrad said:

I don't see anything specific to the footing depth. Anyone know if this property exists for a foundation wall?

It does not.  I suspect the main reason Chief hasn't provided it (aside from not enough people sending in requests) is because although we can set a default height, the truth is that the height can be absolutely anything (even an infinite number of values) for any given wall because the footing shape can be freely resized/reshaped in elevation.  Here's what we do have though:

• thickness of footing - This actually reports what I would call the width though
  • area of footing - This reports the cross sectional area of the footing polyline
  • length of wall - This reports the length of the wall though which may or may not match the length of the footing

You can get a very rough approximation of the footing height by taking the area and diving that by the length of the wall, but the results will depend on how the footing joins with adjacent footings and on whether or not the wall or its footing has been resized/reshaped in elevation.  Its almost never going to be completely accurate. 

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    savannathomas
    Newest Member
    savannathomas

• By Allen43
      I'll new to Chief and have learned that this form might be one of the best resources I have ever used. I am trying to streamline my design process and to do that I would love to be able to change cabinet ends to finished or paneled faster and easier. I tried to make a SP to do this, but I couldn't figure it out. I also thought that there might be a way to do this with macros is a SP, but I know even less about macros than I do Chief.

Any help is appreciated, and if it's not possible that's fine I'll know not to spend more time on this.
    • By tlinder
      I'm trying to run a .rb file that's on my local in CA by using a marco. Right now I can only get it to read the file. Does anyone have any insight on how I might be able to to this or where I need to look?

Macro: In CA
      File.read("C:/Users - Desktop/scope1.rb")

Output: from text stored on a local drive
      rafter_length = (length.to_f.round / 12) + 1
      convert_to_int =  rafter_length.even?
      case
        when convert_to_int == true
        resut = rafter_length
        when convert_to_int == false
        result = rafter_length +1
      end

• By Renerabbitt
      Do you have 10+ years in the software and wonder if you've been missing some tips and tricks? Have you been able to break the 15 hour condoc set?
      Maybe you are a proficient user that wants to know everything that there is to know in Chief.
      Rendering, Automation, Resources, Symbols, Quick Tools, Style Pallets, PDF Tools, Templates, and more.

We believe in lifting the community up. All of our tools and resources are available to you. With training that can be personal, team oriented, prerecorded, livestreamed, interactive. We offer training in over 15 softwares from Drafting and Detailing to Modeling, Advanced Texturing, Procedural Workflows, Node Based Design, Macro Creations, DAMs, Automation, VR Workflows, Streaming Overlays and Masks and much much more. Tell us your needs and we will connect you with the package or the right resource.

Some example learning modules:
      Concentric Jump your dimension strings
      Enter-input your jumps and Enter-close your DBX's
      Snap jump your door widths, concentric jump your windows
      Alt behavior tips, contain-selection and deselection workflows with tool restrictions. 
      Tons of cabinet tools and tips, including custom one-off parametrically modelled vanities and more.
      Custom Toolbar Icons and Custom Library Objects.
      Toolbar Switching Tricks and Library workflows

Other Offer Services Posts:

• By gravattedesign
      This has me completely perplexed. I have created several Note Schedules for my project and when I go to Layout, they are scaling at different scales (THIRD PIC) AND as in the FIRST pic below, Notes show up in the CAD DETAIL Schedule at different scales. The Bath Elevation is set at 1/2" Scale and the Note Layer text style is set at a 1/2" Text Style..

Regarding the Layout Sheet (3rd Pic).. The bath notes are referenced on 1/2" Scale plans and Interior Elevations, The Plan notes are referenced onto 14" Scaled plans.

Questions to Start:
      1. How are schedules supposed to be assigned to a text style scale in the CAD DETAIL Space versus, The Note layer Text Style in the Plan or Elevation and Finally the imported Scale of the Schedule into Layout??

2. What happens if the same Notes are used across different scaled plans and Views? Such as a 1/4" Plan and a 1/2" Interior Wall elevation view?

Thank you kind folks for any light you can shed on this issue.

• By gravattedesign
      This is a recent issue in X13 premier. I have found a need to create a separate default set to handle layer settings for 3D Elevation view versus a plan view. I needed to show Electrical in the 3D view. When I created the separate default set, For the SAME schedule of Bath Notes, I got this result. The Default sets are used respectively for a plan view at 1/2" scale AND a 3D view at 1/2" scale with only a change in displaying electrical. Does anyone know about this anomaly and why the Notes are getting double numbers? Again, there is only ONE schedule referencing the placed custom Notes.

Thank you for the assistance.