Dropped concrete slab porch?

tchomes

Hello, My name is Scott with Tracy's Custom Homes in Texas. I am trying to figure out how to make a "Room Type" for our porches and patios. I want the patio floor to be dropped 1.5" all the way around. I used the Garage room type. This was the only one I could find that would allow you to lower the slab floor. How can I make a room type that will allow you to lower the slab floor for a porch and can be saved to our master template for everyone to use?

1161194046_Screenshot2022-05-24155956.thumb.jpg.772b41b9fe719636cd2fb98073be1702.jpg788564269_Screenshot2022-05-24162212.thumb.jpg.e89d530103a34c3a188010b32c2424ef.jpg

Don't use a Garage room type.

The Garage room type automatically supplies a raised stem/curb wall up to the main floor level.

As Eric said, you can't specify a floor step down or level in the Room Types defaults (except for in the Build Foundation defaults for a Garage).

15 hours ago, glennw said:

Don't use a Garage room type.

The Garage room type automatically supplies a raised stem/curb wall up to the main floor level.

As Eric said, you can't specify a floor step down or level in the Room Types defaults (except for in the Build Foundation defaults for a Garage).

and that is why I posted this in the suggestions section so that maybe the program can be changed to offer this as a room style. 

1 hour ago, tchomes said:

offer this as a room style. 

Solver used the "Porch" room, which will do what you want, and as Glenn points out, don't use "Garage".  When you get it the way you'd like, change the "Porch" configuration in Default Settings>Floors and Rooms>Room Types>Porch in your Plan Template and you'll be good to go.