AMD Ryzen 7 5800H with Radeon Graphics

Nvidia GeForce RTX 3070 Laptop GPU

AMD Radeon (TM) Graphics

16Gb memory

8GB Storage/TTB SSD

Can anyone tell me if this is sufficient  to run X11

I have 30 days to return

Much appreciated

Thank  you ...ok so should this is a good purchase.  That's great.  I would upgrade but my SSA has not been current since September 2020  so will be  costly to invest in at the moment  after just  purchasing a computer .Business has not been great since COVID and is taking time to get back to normal

But at least I know I'm ok with the computer.   I can design a house - have no idea about computer specs.  But I did take my time is getting this laptop with a lot of help from my friends so thank you for reinforcing my purchase decision

Greatly appreciated

34 minutes ago, decorators3 said:

ok so should this is a good purchase.  That's great.  I would upgrade but my SSA has not been current since September 2020  so will be  costly to invest in at the moment  after just  purchasing a computer .Business has not been great since COVID and is taking time to get back to normal

Yes should do well for the next few years ......

On the SSA Side you will need to do a full upgrade since it expired, which will cost you about $700/yr as even SSA is now $595 , at the moment it would cost you $1875  BUT next month once X14 is released it will likely cost  $2475........ so you might want to consider a small loan or something perhaps as eventually you'll being paying Full Price again, it's always best to keep SSA current. ( if you get X13 NOW...you will have SSA incl. so get X14 as well for the one upgrade price. )

* Disclaimer -- I do not work for Chief Sales :) , just want you to see the bigger picture....

M.

The New PBR RTRT ( Realtime Raytracing) is slowly getting there, and their are some issues in X13 but only for some it seems, so you'd want X14 which is supposed to release next month I think. There is a webinar on May 26th for a Preview on X14 as at the moment with no SSA you won't be able to download X14 Beta ( you will if you get X13 as your SSA will then be current .)

M.

So I had to transfer my COA program to my new computer.. but the colors are totally off is this CA or Alienware.  My blues are grey and my reds terrible /  Maybe I have to adjust the colors on my computer ..  My old Toshiba had   crisp clear colors  

2 hours ago, decorators3 said:

So I had to transfer my COA program to my new computer.. but the colors are totally off is this CA or Alienware.  My blues are grey and my reds terrible /  Maybe I have to adjust the colors on my computer ..  My old Toshiba had   crisp clear colors  

It does sound like the Laptop screen is not well calibrated , so call Dell 1st as I'd have thought the AW laptops would have an .icc Color Profile

or perhaps it just isn't enabled ?

image.thumb.png.8d1fc7eb769e17bbeebacd14d050fb3a.png