X14 Cannot import library download

Electromen

I downloaded two cabinet manufacturers from the CA 3D Library, Quality cabinets and Sorento cabinets. I made sure each was the X14 version.

Windows 11 is up to date and so is CA X14.

From File Explorer I opened Downloads > Quality Cabinets

CA X14 opens but I get the following message: The File Quality Cabinets.calibz cannot be imported in the current view window.  Try importing it into a different type of view.

In Properties for the file, it is associated with X14 and is not blocked

Any ideas why?

Details:

GlobalActionUtilities.cpp (133): Warning #272001021

"The file "QualityCabinets (1).calibz" cannot be imported into the current view window. Try importing it into a different type of view."

05/08/2022 09:42:48 AM

Build: 24.0.3.48 Windows 64-bit

10 minutes ago, Electromen said:

I downloaded two cabinet manufacturers from the CA 3D Library, Quality cabinets and Sorento cabinets. I made sure each was the X14 version.

Windows 11 is up to date and so is CA X14.

From File Explorer I opened Downloads > Quality Cabinets

CA X14 opens but I get the following message: The File Quality Cabinets.calibz cannot be imported in the current view window.  Try importing it into a different type of view.

In Properties for the file, it is associated with X14 and is not blocked

Any ideas why?

Details:

GlobalActionUtilities.cpp (133): Warning #272001021

"The file "QualityCabinets (1).calibz" cannot be imported into the current view window. Try importing it into a different type of view."

05/08/2022 09:42:48 AM

Build: 24.0.3.48 Windows 64-bit

Seems like I remember something about a glitch like this that it wasn’t working to just open it but works by dragging it into Chief with a plan file open.  

Probably best to report it either way.

58 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Seems like I remember something about a glitch like this that it wasn’t working to just open it but works by dragging it into Chief with a plan file open.  

Probably best to report it either way.

Dragging didn't work.  However, having a plan open and the Library showing, opening the download worked

Thanks for your help.

8 minutes ago, Electromen said:

Dragging didn't work

If it didn't work and you had a plan file open then that is a bug and should be reported.  It works for me but has always needed a plan file open for it to work.  Both ways it should be reported I believe.

I don't think that is a supported method, but should work if Chief is open and a plan open.........

Use the Library > Import Library Option, off the Menu Bar ( Top above Toolbars) I've never had an Issue

and it allows you to select multiple Libraries at the same time.....which are imported one after another if needed.

On a side note there are about 430 additional libraries currently............

11 minutes ago, Kbird1 said:

I don't think that is a supported method, but should work if Chief is open and a plan open.........

Use the Library > Import Library Option, off the Menu Bar ( Top above Toolbars) I've never had an Issue and it allows you to select multiple Libraries at the same time.....which are imported one after another if needed.

On a side note there are about 430 additional libraries currently............

In all these years of using Chief, I've never done it from the Library.  I tried your method and it worked well.

Thank You.