Time Tracker Basics

HumbleChief

Thrashing here a bit trying to understand. Let's say I start with an as built plan. 'Save As' As built 2. 'Save As' As Built 3. Then 'Save As' Proposed 1, 'Save As Proposed 2 and so on. It seems that by the time I get to Proposed 6, which is where I am now, it is adding all the time for all the versions. Is this how it works?

• HumbleChief changed the title to Time Tracker Basics

The help file says that Time Tracker logs times for each plan and layout file separately but when I do a 'Save As' , creating another plan file, Time Tracker carries over the time from previous plan versions as if it is keeping track of time for the project and not just a single file.

Here's 2 pics. One is the original file showing time back to Feb 8th. I do a quick Save As and it's showing this new file back to Feb 8th. as if it's saving time log for the project not an individual file? Not getting it.

TIME TRACKER 1.png

TIME TRACKER 2.png

TIME TRACKER 3.png

2 minutes ago, HumbleChief said:

Thanks Robert! It sure does behave that way but the help file doesn't suggest that. I prefer it this way.

The Help Files are simply stating that Plan and Layout files are tracked independently of each other.  Has nothing to do with Save As.

• Upvote 1