Foundation Question

JonRuch

Go to solution Solved by JonRuch,

• Solution

Hello, I can't seem to find any answers when it comes to the Foundation Plan, sometimes the Foundation shows up looking different in certain areas. I have deleted, and redrawn every foundation plan that I can, but in specific areas, the foundation shows up as a footing instead of a monolithic slab. I have gone through all my settings and defaults to make sure nothing is out of place, and I've watched every available video on Chief Architect, but I can't seem to get an answer to my question. I'll attach a picture to show what I am talking about. 

Looking at the picture, you can see there are two different types of foundation. I am confused, because I didn't choose any other default or setting whilst drawing. I simply connected the dots, and it gave me two different kinds of foundations. I checked many times to make sure everything is lined up, and It is, however, I just don't understand why it's doing that. Anyone have any ideas?

FOUNDATION.jpg

• Downvote 1

Please post the plan.  We can guess but without the plan it’s a guess.

My free first guess has to do with the wall definition and settings on those frost walls and specifically the framed wall above them that I am guessed is marked as a structural wall with footing below and the footing having a vertical footing selected.

2 minutes ago, JonRuch said:

That was exactly the problem, I don't know why I didn't think to question the setting of the floor above. Thank Ya'll So Much for taking the time to help! @rgardner@joey_martin

And a special Thank You to @solver for letting me know how things are run on this forum, because to be honest, I had no idea what was going on. 

Again, Thank You for the Help!

It's very helpful for new and other users who may have the same issue if you can post what was the issue and how you fixed it.  That way when someone is searching and pulls up this thread they may be able to help themselves based on your solution.

BTW welcome to the forum.