x13 crashing when symbol selected from library

DianeP

It is trying to load a picture of the symbol in the 3d preview window and then crashes.   I have a drawing someone shared with me in the latest version of home designer and can't open it in x12.  Wish I could as working out these kinks is taking time.  Any easy solutions?  Thanks!  

Are you using the latest update (23.4)?  How did you get the symbol into the program?  Did you start having this problem immediately or did it only start happening some time later?

You could try temporarily turning off the library browser preview and selection windows to see if you can then delete the library object.

Before you do that though, you should also see if you can export the symbol so that you can report this problem to our tech support team.  This way we might be able to prevent this kind of problem from affecting others in the future.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Dermot said:

Are you using the latest update (23.4)?  How did you get the symbol into the program?  Did you start having this problem immediately or did it only start happening some time later?

You could try temporarily turning off the preview and selection windows to see if you can then delete the library object.

Before you do that though, you should also see if you can export the symbol so that you can report this problem to our tech support team.  This way we might be able to prevent this kind of problem from affecting others in the future.

it seems to be just a wall type I saved in the library.  it is an 8" rail that I made with the correct size beam and posts.  Weird I can't use it in 13x.  I went trhough some other symbols and they opened fine, so I suspect it is just something that corrupted that symbol.  I will redo it  Hopefully the others all come across fine. Thanks for the insight! 

Are you using the latest update (23.4)? 

The reason that this is important is that there was a bug related to selecting certain wall types that were saved in the library that was originally in 23.0 that should have been fixed in 23.1.  

If you are still using 23.0, then you should really get the latest update.

If you are getting this problem in 23.4, then it is possible that our fix was not complete.  You need to report this to our tech support team so that we can look into this more.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Dermot said:

Are you using the latest update (23.4)? 

The reason that this is important is that there was a bug related to selecting certain wall types that were saved in the library that was originally in 23.0 that should have been fixed in 23.1.  

If you are still using 23.0, then you should really get the latest update.

If you are getting this problem in 23.4, then it is possible that our fix was not complete.  You need to report this to our tech support team so that we can look into this more.

image.png.410321091d1e8e106694cc05e3b859bc.png

I will try to find the library symbol to send you.