Resizing fixtures, appliances

winterdd

So, I found where I can change the sizes of electrical items like can lights and such in the default settings. Where can I do the same for things like washers, dryers and fridges so I can save it in my plan template for future jobs?

45 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

So, I found where I can change the sizes of electrical items like can lights and such in the default settings. Where can I do the same for things like washers, dryers and fridges so I can save it in my plan template for future jobs?

Those items are from the library so two options for you:

1.) Place them in your template plan all setup how you want them.

2.) Have a user library subfolder for appliances with them setup how you want.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, rgardner said:

Those items are from the library so two options for you:

1.) Place them in your template plan all setup how you want them.

2.) Have a user library subfolder for appliances with them setup how you want.

I like those methods.....I will do that. I was just hoping there was a setting for it.

1 minute ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

I like those methods.....I will do that. I was just hoping there was a setting for it.

You have to think of the library items as being basically separate from the built in program. Yes you can place a shortcut on your toolbar to place a library item but that is basically all it is a shortcut to grab that item and place it in the plan file.

28 minutes ago, ChiefUserBigRob said:

User library is a good method but I prefer having that stuff already sitting in the template plan. Cabinets too. If they use default materials, it's easy to go into defaults and change the materials, but at least everything else is set how I want it. Cabinet sizes, crown molding, lazy susan etc. Range hood is there. All kinds of stuff.

Most of my kitchens use a similar island too so that's there, ready to go. I also commonly reuse the same basic master shower with tile surround, that's in the template. All of it is already in rooms too, which can be modified, or delete walls and draw new from scratch.

Just some thoughts.