Used Layer that I can't find ????

Joe_Carrick

I have a couple of Layout Templates that indicate a Layer "Arch-D CAD Lines" is being used and I can't delete it.  I've checked the following:

• Defaults - including any Object Labels
  • All pages with only that Layer displayed

I have been unable to find any object that is on that Layer.

Is there any way to search the entire Layout Template to find where that is being used?

1 minute ago, Chopsaw said:

Cad Details or Page 0, or some other Template Page perhaps ?

CAD Details and CAD Blocks are most likely.  There could also be a Default or even another referenced plan that could be a problem.

One of the things I've found is that some things that we had to Block in order to add to the Library in the past (Text for example) can carry over Layer assignments and have to be replaced with non-blocked objects.  These things can be very difficult to locate.

The Layer Display Options dialog will give you a hint if you hover over the "used" column.

Cad details and Cad blocks are obvious hiding places.  You can use the Cad Block Management dialog to purge any unused cad blocks and open each block to see if the layer is used.

Just looking for things on your layout pages might not find things that are off the layout page.  Select All or Fill screen might help with this.

You could also have things on random pages that you were not expecting.  The Project Browser should help you find these pages.

Any layers in linked views are not an issue because they should not show up as used in the layout.