Save As - working correctly?

robdyck

Has anyone else noticed the 'Save As' function not working correctly? Or is my understanding of it incorrect? 

A couple of times recently, I have needed to propose an alternate layout. I press 'Save as' , then rename the file, and then proceed with adjustments to the new renamed file.

Then when looking at the original file, I see that changes made in between the times of the last 'Save' and the 'Save As' have not been saved in the original plan file.

I'd appreciate others input / experience before I contact support.

1 hour ago, robdyck said:

I see that changes made in between the times of the last 'Save' and the 'Save As' have not been saved in the original plan file.

That's how most everything works unless a program autosaves. If you don't save before save as, everything in between is not saved.

Actually the Mac OS changed this in recent years for native Apple apps, and eliminated Save As. Now the command is "Duplicate" which leaves the source file open and unchanged, and creates and opens a new copy of the file named "So and so File Name Copy", which you can then rename and save in any location.

I hate it. Because I'm old. :P