disappearing text arrows/leaders

TonytheArcht

Using X13.

So, I see the topic "disappearing text arrows" but this has nothing to do with exploding blocks--it just happened to normal notations. All of a sudden, all text leaders on all sheets have disappeared. All layers in layout are visible. I turn on/off/on text layers--nothing happens. I save, exit, and re-open the file--they're still gone.  

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-02-16 103659.png

With the file open, go to File / Manage Auto-archives. You can select all the arrows from an archived plan, and  copy-paste-in-place into the current plan file.

To select all arrows, select one, then use the Match Properties tool to select the rest.

24 minutes ago, TonytheArcht said:

Using X13.

So, I see the topic "disappearing text arrows" but this has nothing to do with exploding blocks--it just happened to normal notations. All of a sudden, all text leaders on all sheets have disappeared. All layers in layout are visible. I turn on/off/on text layers--nothing happens. I save, exit, and re-open the file--they're still gone.  

Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-02-16 103659.png

Open the plan file with that saved plan view and make sure they are showing there.  Check to make sure those leaders are showing.  Most likely they were drawn manually and are on the cad default layer?

52 minutes ago, TonytheArcht said:

Thanks, gents! I was able to retrieve that data from a save plan.

Tony

Sometimes, if you have a pdf or image underlay/overlay, and you move or it delete it, you will find that all of the leaders were actually attached to that image/pdf

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'd have to agree with you. I was creating a lot of notations in the layout which were over the plan view portal. I may have bumped it and brought it back without thinking anything of it. I was also duplicating the sheet multiple times with all this plan view data. All of a sudden, the disappearing act began. 

I'll keep a mental note of this.

Thanks to all!

2 hours ago, TonytheArcht said:

I'd have to agree with you. I was creating a lot of notations in the layout which were over the plan view portal

I would strongly suggest annotating in plan, and getting in the habit of that. As you become more proficient with the software, it will become apparent. Especially when you start utilizing macros for redundant information. A great deal of automation can be introduced when annotating in Plan.

• Upvote 1