Elevation Callouts very small in the default Kitchen Plan

TxHillbilly

Go to solution Solved by Chopsaw,

I've been searching for several hours across a couple of days and multiple threads now and I've read quite a bit of suggestions but they don't seem to help.  I'm relatively new to CA so bear with me if this seems obvious to those who might offer assistance or help.
I have created a small plan (attached) that has a couple of kitchen elevations.  In the Dimensioned Floor Plan (and other floor plans) the elevation callouts are normal size.  In the default Kitchen Plan the callouts are microscopic as shown in the image attached/below.  Even when I bring them into a layout at a larger scale they are still too small to be readable.  I've changed the size from automatic to a specific size and I can get the callouts to an acceptable size; however, the text is still too small.  I've not found the magic variable that let's me change the text height.  I imagine that once I find that then I can leave the bubble, I mean... the callout, set to automatic.

(excuse my old school thinking, when I started doing drafting back in the early 70's, they were called bubbles.  My supervisor would simply tell me, "cross check your bubbles."  I imagine the term "bubbles" isn't as groovy as it once was.)

image.thumb.png.c918e188025c11bed91abd0d197e672b.png

Lodge (2).zip

Edited by TxHillbilly
add info

• Solution

The size of the callout is determined by the text size that the Text Style is using for the Cameras layer.  You can also adjust the callout size manually in the camera DBX but that does not set the text size so it is usually best to leave that set to "Automatic".

Well, if that don't beat a hog a root'n!

Thanks Chopsaw... you're burning the midnight oil too.

FYI for those having the same issue....

• select the callout that is too small
  • across the bottom of the screen is the control called OBJECT LAYER PROPERTIES; pick that
  • Change the camera text item and the controls will open and change the Text Style to a larger size
  • click OK.

11 hours ago, TxHillbilly said:

I've not found the magic variable that let's me change the text height

If it makes you feel any better, I finally had to write this down after working with CA for 3 months and never remembering what the magic setting was, and kept thinking it was in the camera dialog box somewhere

I finally changed the text size for the K&B camera layer in my K&B layer set to 3/8" text (I think i had to create it) style and updated my template file as I  typically show it in layout as a larger scale than other plans

I would also advise to put the K&B camera on its own layer if you intend to isolate from other cameras

On 1/5/2022 at 11:27 PM, TxHillbilly said:
  • across the bottom of the screen is the control called OBJECT LAYER PROPERTIES; pick that

I recommend you make friends with Active Layer Display Options. (In the same vicinity as the Project & Library Browsers.) It will save you a bunch of time hunting down where things can be changed.

• Upvote 2