FIREPLACE ISSUES

dbarbee

I am trying to install a fireplace, but I am confused by how to install what I need. 

I am using Chief Architect x12.

I have attached files. 

I figured I have to slide the insert in, but I don't know what I am doing wrong.  

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.28.47 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.28.29 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.28.01 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.27.31 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.26.44 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.34.45 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-14 at 10.35.02 AM.png

1 hour ago, scottharris said:

To push the fireplace into the wall – you can override bumping/pushing by holding the control key (PC) / command key (Mac) and sliding it in with your left mouse button.

39 minutes ago, solver said:

You may want to create an opening in the wall using a doorway, then use Point to Point move, or Transform/Replicate to precisely move the fireplace symbol into position.

Both Excellent suggestions and two techniques that will serve you well in learning this program.

Just to mention a third and probably not the best way to do it in this particular use case but is also a very important technique to learning this program is the tab method.  The KB and the Help files will help you more to learn how to use it but the basics is to start moving the item with your left mouse key and hit the tab button on your keyboard which will bring up a small box where you can tell it to move a certain distance and even angle from where it currently is.