The fastest, dirtiest, board and batten siding trick

Renerabbitt

That was great Rene but I'll be darned if I understood any part of the video. I did understand the polyline from the floor plan then choose an 'example' for a distributed path, which looked like the 'boards' of the B & B then select a bunch of icons that look unique to your work flow and voila, B & B siding? Not sure what happened while selecting the walls and other parts and pieces but the result looked great. I'll review a few more times and see if I can understand what exactly you did. Thanks

Ive had flooding at my place, moved out, and left my mic behind by accident.
@HumbleChief and @cjanderson66 
"Example" is a P-solid that I converted to a fixture and then designated as a freestanding range. It is 200" tall, 1" depth, and 12" wide and is a few inches AFF. The key element is specifying it as a range in the symbol options. Then:

• I clicked on the exterior room and created a polyline
  • Converted the polyline to a distributed path, selected the range.
  • Specified 15" intervals for a 3" Batten(12" symbol)
  • Then I copied the path to the floor above
  • Pull a 3d view and explode the lower distributed path.
  • With the Backsplash Tool, clicked on the spaces between on the lower floor first.
  • Explode the upper, click on the spaces on the upper floor. Dragged the bottom of the upper floor up
  • Use the Delete Items Tool and select fixtures.

Please keep in mind this is not perfect. You could get it perfect by breaking the line segments of the distributed path, but at that point it would be faster just to draw your 1 batten and then distribute in plan view.