Ceiling issues?

ACADuser

Having trouble with the Wine Room Ceiling.

The main area is a vaulted ceiling but the wine room should have a 12' MOL flat ceiling.

The adjoining attic wall will not build, see picture.

I tried adding a ceiling plane & tried setting the wall to build through ceiling.

Might be the pony wall. Just can't get it to cooperate.

Before I did all that the attic wall built through the roof about 4 feet.

I will be out for a few hours.

Thanks

Barn.PNG

Barn 2.zip

image.thumb.png.5ed13efc83bf303274be6ad1baee36f0.png

Just to add to what Stephen mentions

1.) you did not have flat ceiling marked on the wine room when I opened it.

2.) when you use that attic wall (whether you draw a new one or not make sure the exterior of the wall is faced out otherwise there is still an issue (note the highlighted wall with the grip showing wall direction)

image.thumb.png.7ae53179daef10d6ba085e03fc67491e.png

Alternative method to do it is to create a glass wall for the lower wall with a pony wall above of interior 4.  Then place a solid railing wall marked as no room definition at the height you want the lower wall in the same location.  Your BOM for the glass would be off but would fix the issue and you can even drop a soffited wall to the glass if you don't want to see the ceiling inside (i.e. hide glare from recessed lighting in that area, or fans, etc.) 

image.thumb.png.7a34d01f62845d7e48ad63a99a4ababf.png

Of course some futzing would be required for example the missing base molding because it is setback to the glass layer but that is assuming you don't want your glass flush with your gypsum layer which if you did it would be visible instead of centered on the wall layers.

When the problem raised it head it saw an attic wall protruding through the roof, see picture.

So then I removed the flat ceiling for the wine room & added a manual ceiling, no help.

What I did not realize is the walls exterior surface was into the wine room.

Once the wall was reversed I went to the attic & dragged the hall attic wall down & the offset attic wall was removed by Chief.

The dragged the attic wall right to close the room off & it built correctly.

Thank for trouble shooting it for me.

Barn 2.PNG

Barn3.PNG