Connecting and closing polylines

jmsisco

Did you select "Polylines" when you imported ?  Not sure if that makes a difference or not but all your imported arcs are polylines and they do not seem to want to join together.  I don't think there is such a thing in Chief so the regular tools do not know what to do.

Always a lot of cleanup with imported cad work.  Something is up with your plot line measurement but not sure what happened there either.

You may need to trace over some of cad arcs with chief tools.

There seems to be a significant discrepancy on your rear plot line measurement.  The "126" is likely some sort of a hot key along with all the extra %% but after that is all sorted out there is still an issue.

image.thumb.png.f4d55c635af1a8bf0c53dd6bebc6d028.png

• Upvote 1

@MarkMc So you are saying select all the lines, change their color, then lock the layer and trace over them with the line and arc tools?

@Chopsaw I was not too concerned with the labels. It appears to me that the lot coordinates are the reverse in chief from what the surveyor sent. What i was trying to accomplish was to determine the easiest way to calculate the flat work/drive way Area. I thought by using the original CAD file imported into Chief it might work but the person who did the drawing was not consistent in the layers they used.

6 minutes ago, jmsisco said:

It appears to me that the lot coordinates are the reverse in chief from what the surveyor sent. What i was trying to accomplish was to determine the easiest way to calculate the flat work/drive way Area

You can reverse the direction of the plot line in chief if you disconnect it first but I would be more concerned about the 2' discrepancy in the survey.

Yes the imported polyline arcs are useless.  You need to trace over with chief cad arcs.  You can snap to the originals.

@ChopsawI have a email to the surveyor regarding that discrepancy in the survey. The Cad file they sent was a mess they had different parts of the lot lines on different layers.It took quite a bit of clean up to get where I had similar things on the same level.. It' disappointing that the imported polyline arcs will not connect and form a closed polyline that you are able to use to calculate the area.. Thanks for your help!

@MarkMcMark thanks for the help!