Wall Layers in 3D - Framing only

cementlogic

How can I get a 3D view of this foundation wall framing?

• The foundation walls on the back are pony walls (2x8 framing on a block stem wall)
  • I want to remove the exterior wall surface (zip sheathing and B&B)
  • This screenshot is taken directly from a "perspective framing overview" with the foundation wall layer set to on. 

16247011_ScreenShot2021-08-18at12_18_56PM.thumb.png.a439ad3d9cabfa99c6e45bb37f0d7f7d.png

16 minutes ago, cementlogic said:

How can I get a 3D view of this foundation wall framing?

• The foundation walls on the back are pony walls (2x8 framing on a block stem wall)
  • I want to remove the exterior wall surface (zip sheathing and B&B)
  • This screenshot is taken directly from a "perspective framing overview" with the foundation wall layer set to on. 

16247011_ScreenShot2021-08-18at12_18_56PM.thumb.png.a439ad3d9cabfa99c6e45bb37f0d7f7d.png

image.thumb.png.6e170935dff56051e3848d030b18b048.png

3d Framing layer set OOB, but any pony walls that are foundation walls will show the sheathing, siding, and drywall.  You can use the temp remove surfaces tool to get a picture of what you want but I don't believe that you can get them to turn off live.  Maybe someone else has a trick to show only the framing?

24 minutes ago, rgardner said:

image.thumb.png.6e170935dff56051e3848d030b18b048.png

3d Framing layer set OOB, but any pony walls that are foundation walls will show the sheathing, siding, and drywall.  You can use the temp remove surfaces tool to get a picture of what you want but I don't believe that you can get them to turn off live.  Maybe someone else has a trick to show only the framing?

You are right, there is not a standard easy way to do it. 

22 minutes ago, solver said:

I briefly read the above comments, and did not watch this video again, but see if it gives you an idea.

From this thread

http://chieftalk.chiefarchitect.com/topic/25172-framing-display-issues/

This works but it seems a bit too techy to have to handle this simple scenario that way. 

1 hour ago, GeneDavis said:

If you want an image to share, or import to a layout page, doing the surface-delete thing doesn't take much work.

As I mentioned above it is a quick fix if you are looking for a pic to send to layout especially if it is a closeup of something you want to show as a detail.  As always on chief there are many ways to do things and depends on your use case.