Garage Floor Inside Stem Walls Sometimes

Doug_N

Hi fellow Chief Architect Users.

The way that garage floors and stem walls interact has me really confused.  When a garage is created on the first floor, and then the foundation is automatically created, the garage floor is set inside of the stem walls.

If the garage is created after the foundation is created the garage floor is set on top of the stem walls. Since the normal way for a garage floor to be inside of the stem walls and since all of the basement has been detailed how can I fix the garage stem walls and floor?

4 Load Duncan Court.zip

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

See if this post help you at all...

Well I had to bite the bullet and rebuilt the foundation and redid the basement.  There should be a way to do that manually I think

Do you mean these two?

145875853_FoundationSettings.thumb.jpg.1a99ce70432c958d70fc3ae20d2fa5d0.jpg

They don't seem to have any effect on where the stem wall ends with respect to a curb (the second setting) on the location of the top of the stem wall and the bottom of the exterior wall when doing a manual foundation for a garage.

45 minutes ago, Doug_N said:

Which 2 settings?  

Sorry, that wasn’t very clear was it.  I was referring to the settings I mentioned in the post I referenced (they were mentioned in the graphic as well)...  Floor Supplied By Foundation Room Below and Supplies Floor for the Room Above.  Those along with the Floor To SWT setting.  

2 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Sorry, that wasn’t very clear was it.  I was referring to the settings I mentioned in the post I referenced (they were mentioned in the graphic as well)...  Floor Supplied By Foundation Room Below and Supplies Floor for the Room Above.  Those along with the Floor To SWT setting.  

Ah yes I see.  I think this is work doing a video on, because I don't see anything on the CA tutorials about this.

Thanks for pointing this out Michael

Doug

17 hours ago, Doug_N said:

If the garage is created after the foundation is created the garage floor is set on top of the stem walls.

Chief has a bad habit of automagically making a Garage a Monoslab even if the rest of the House is using Stemwalls, so you then need to fix it by turning of those settings Michael pointed out OFF and reconfigure it.

4 hours ago, Alaskan_Son said:

...  Floor Supplied By Foundation Room Below and Supplies Floor for the Room Above.  Those along with the Floor To SWT setting.