Wall dimension arrows not showing on outer face

EMBARC

Hi all! I have recently upgraded from X11 to X13 and have found a wee niggle when showing dimensions. Previously, I could show an internal dimension with the markers indicating the outer wall as a reference (to ensure the reader that the dimension is internal). When I click the dimension line they appear, but when I click off they disappear.

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

image.thumb.png.f9e58492df300ae06512a371934625bf.pngimage.thumb.png.5405fcb8ba96bd8038841b92e3bfeb50.png

Thanks for getting back, Chopsaw. Do you know if there is anyway to have the indicators but without showing the wall width? X11 had the option of suppressing the wall width. This looks to be an issue only with outer walls. Cheers

That is a way to manually do it. But I'm hoping there is a way to automatically pick up the both sides of the external wall without showing the wall thickness (and not manually change each segment for every dimension line).

Since it shows it when the line is clicked, surely there is a way to leave it shown or has this feature been archived in the older version :blink:

image.thumb.png.1ad6981e82b7b8434c0fe4f6ec787053.png

16 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

That would be in your dimension defaults.

image.thumb.png.c3754c811e173fce9bd725fcae73cf84.png

15 hours ago, glennw said:

Here?

Screen Shot 2021-07-23 at 5.59.05 pm.jpg

Attached is a quick screen record of hopefully what explains the situation a bit better - have included settings too. Thanks!

Dimensions.rar

17 hours ago, EMBARC said:

Anyone know how to fix this? Thanks!

I was only able to take a quick look, but for now I think your best bet might just be to Display Wall Widths and then either Suppress those dimensions, mask them, or drag them out of the view.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    oldmillhomes
    Newest Member
    oldmillhomes

• By HannaForestAsh
      When I place a window/door/etc. on a wall and type in the dimensions, sometimes it will move the edge of the wall instead of moving the window along the wall. (ie: if I have a 20' wall with a window on it, I want the length between the corner and the window to be 4'... instead of moving the window over on the wall, it will just extend the edge of the wall out past its original point so it's now 24'). Please help!! I'm not sure how to look up this issue so if there's a video on it already please direct me there!
    • By mattradk
      I am using CAX6 and am trying to get the exterior dimensions of a residential structure to reach to the extent just under the siding. From inside to outside, the exterior wall should have 1/2" wallboard, 2x6 stud walls, 1/2" OSB, 2" rigid insulation, and then siding for which I've allowed 1/2". All of the wall components will sit on the platform except for the siding, which should cover the rim joists.

I believe I have the correct dialog box and selections to do it (or maybe not …. see attached screen shot). However, after I make the selections in the Wall Type Definitions dialog box and back out of the dialog boxes leading there, I find that the cross section is incorrect, and the outside of the siding is flush with the platform. If I return to the Wall Type Definitions dialog box to find out why, I find that my selections have not been saved.

I'm careful to make sure that I back out of each dialog box correctly (Clicking OK, OK, Done, etc.) but the changes I make are not saved.

There's probably something I need to select or conditions I have to meet, but darned if I can figure them out after hours of messing with it.

Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?  Thanks!

• By MichaelaS
      I have a railing that is currently being dimensioned to from the outside of the panel. I would like to transition that dimension to either the center of the post or the outside of the post. However, I am unable to manipulate the extension line itself to snap to the corner of the post. 
    • By RussellHouse
      I am using Windows 10 and Version X11.  I am trying to use an interior wall with brick on both sides. When I go to 3D the interior brick changes the interior part of the exterior wall from white pine to brick.  how can I keep the interior separate from the exterior
    • By PrimeArch
      Hello guys

I have a problem with area calculation area. 

The room actual size is 3m x 3m ( 9 m2 )
      The wall must be center line. The problem is CA calculate outer side of the room. ( 9.92 m2 )
      How do i get a calculation by center line. ( 9 m2 )