How to draw this curved porch detail?

Crusader103

How would you draw this front porch/roof detail?

I'm not sure my method is the fastest/most effective. I'm simply doing a gable over the front porch with no overhang (which is kind of what the picture is showing) and then using a polyline solid for the curves and placing it over the wall.

Thanks for the input.

front porch snip.JPG

1) Take an elevation view and use a polysolid. Put it on the wall layer, and match the wall properties. Use CAD to show the opening. 

2) And what I would do is create the front wall with a wall so that I can attach openings and fixtures to it more easily, then add the poly solid around that wall to create the return on the left and right and the shape at the top. Show it in elevations, not necessarily on plan view.

49 minutes ago, joey_martin said:

1) Take an elevation view and use a polysolid. Put it on the wall layer, and match the wall properties. Use CAD to show the opening. 

2) And what I would do is create the front wall with a wall so that I can attach openings and fixtures to it more easily, then add the poly solid around that wall to create the return on the left and right and the shape at the top. Show it in elevations, not necessarily on plan view.

Similar idea of best practice as Joey mentions however I would use a wall niche for the slot opening instead of just a cad line.  And I would probably draw a cad line to the shape, break the wall and shape it to that line then convert that line into a molding line for the top trim piece.