Export Materials List - To Excel ?


Recommended Posts

I am not having any luck with this using these setting to export a material list that has excluded columns.

 

1147672095_ExpotSettings.thumb.JPG.4271896465fb6a3357f5b4cf025344ee.JPG

 

If I select "Include Hidden Columns" I get everything, but I don't want everything yet if I don't select it chief hides the columns I want.

 

This is what I am exporting.

 

964222088_ChiefMaterialList.thumb.JPG.61b39eae62caa16e02914b067774e4db.JPG

 

Here are the results I get in Excel.

 

2046783881_ImportedExcelMaterialList.thumb.JPG.e3b45a6f9e07bda4356e644d239e50b2.JPG

 

Columns B, C , D, and E  have all of the data that I want to export and "Unhide Columns" setting does nothing in Excel. Is there another setting somewhere I have missed ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Changed the ML to display a few columns.

 

Exported as you show above.

 

Looks like empty columns are not exported.

 

ct1.thumb.png.62c21ed746430d231dc95adae5775cb7.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

"Unhide Columns" setting does nothing in Excel.

 

I think you probably just need to scroll to the left and you'll find that it does indeed do what you're looking for.

 

P.S.  It may be that you're not selecting anything.  Select All before unhiding.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, solver said:

Looks like empty columns are not exported.

 

Actually the empty columns are the only ones that are exported.   I will edit my original posting so you can see the original in Chief.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

P.S.  It may be that you're not selecting anything.  Select All before unhiding.

 

That is the ticket right there.  I knew they must have been hiding since the column sequence was messed up.

 

Is there possibly a setting that would prevent that from happening on import ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

Is there possibly a setting that would prevent that from happening on import ?

Short of running a custom script, no.  I think this is just a bug in Chief's export.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Short of running a custom script, no.  I think this is just a bug in Chief's export.

 

Ok thanks.  I will just have to remember the trick.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Chopsaw said:

 

Ok thanks.  I will just have to remember the trick.

I usually just copy and paste myself so it's not something I typically have to deal with, but I can tell you that the export results with regard to hidden cells varies a bit depending on which columns you have displayed and on how many columns you have displayed.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

I usually just copy and paste myself so it's not something I typically have to deal with, but I can tell you that the export results with regard to hidden cells varies a bit depending on which columns you have displayed and on how many columns you have displayed.

 

There seem to be issues with cut and paste as well.  It seems to give you all the hidden columns somehow that are not displayed.

 

I will work with the export function for now until I run into another issue.  Thanks again.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now
  • Member Statistics

    29506
    Total Members
    9156
    Most Online
    Berretta969mm
    Newest Member
    Berretta969mm
    Joined