ChiefuserMathews

Basement Window

It is because you have the window top higher than the bottom of the floor joist of the level above.  Lower the windows.

They really don't like being there do they.  Try placing them on level 1 and then move them to their absolute position and it should work the way you want it to but you still have some floor framing to deal with somehow.  

image.thumb.png.7e1eb00b62567486161e1f8f590712fe.png

Placing the window on the 1st floor and moving it down should work, but then the window displays on the 1st floor.

You could break the bottom of the brick wall and pull it up so it goes over the window instead of through it.

Hi Eric,

how can I add the door and window sill as per the site picture

16 minutes ago, solver said:

Placing the window on the 1st floor and moving it down should work, but then the window displays on the 1st floor.

You could break the bottom of the brick wall and pull it up so it goes over the window instead of through it.

Eric, how do I add the sill for the window and door as per the site picture

2 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

They really don't like being there do they.  Try placing them on level 1 and then move them to their absolute position and it should work the way you want it to but you still have some floor framing to deal with somehow.  

image.thumb.png.7e1eb00b62567486161e1f8f590712fe.png

thank you for the response. Its a finished basement, hence I could not measure the joist depth and you can see them in the site picture as how they look on site. I am trying to recreate for my drawings.. Do you know how could I add the sill thick as it appears in the site picture?

For the window you can draw the sill profile and put it into your library as a molding and then apply it to the window.

image.thumb.png.fbfd5e193c956378a02bd6eb343e773f.png

For the door I think you just need to use a p-solid.

image.thumb.png.c624b06512de2f2d68306974d3eeb0bd.png