Wood Textures

RobUSMC

I do a lot of kitchen and bath remodels and really need some good seamless fine wood textures.  Walnut, white oak, knotty alder, etc. Does anyone have any they could share?  Thank you a lot

8 hours ago, RobUSMC said:

Walnut, white oak, knotty alder, etc. Does anyone have any they could share?  Thank you a lot

5 hours ago, CADustin said:

Hit me up if you don't find what you need and I'll get it on the update list.

6 hours ago, Chopsaw said:

Have you checked out Chief's Substance Player ?

This probably should be a suggestion... and maybe I will put one in...

But what's the possibility of a creating a Chief Architect Catalog of downloadable textures as in what Rob is asking?  As well as other textures and to be used for Bump Maps?  Time is money, and it seams like there's always 3 jobs on the back burner, so spending time trying to create textures, find textures could be used more wisely.  We sure don't need another Cabinet Catalog.  Us Chief users could really use something like this, and appreciate it even more.    

Hey Michael, any and all suggestions are always welcome.

Just for clarity, the substance player builders we offer here are just optional supplements to what is already available either in the Chief Core catalog or on the 3d library. Nothing in the builders isn't already offered in Chief in some form or fashion.

https://www.chiefarchitect.com/3d-library

There's a lot of material options under the "Material and Surfaces" section.

When I make new textures for Chief, I make them in substance.  But once I export them, they're now static images and are now unchangeable and for the most part that is fine but for subjects with a wide variety of options and subjective/temporal views on what looks good or trendy, it's often a faster route for some to offer the tools here to adjust what you need/when you need it rather then sift through large catalogs of extra textures.  Both options are valid though, just up to personal preference. 

If there are types of materials you'd like to see more of offered as catalogs on the 3D Library please don't hesitate to reach out here or our suggestions e mail.  I'm always game to make more.

40 minutes ago, RobUSMC said:

3 projects on the back burner....LOL.    Try 27 right now so yes time is precious to say the least.

Nice to be busy huh..  3 is the max for me.. one man show.. plus 40 hour job elsewhere.  Keep up the good work Rob.. that's why you have a nice backlog.

46 minutes ago, CADustin said:

There's a lot of material options under the "Material and Surfaces" section.

Thanks Dustin... I do use these.  Was thinking about the grains that Rob was asking...

I'm looking for a good knotty alder, Walnut and white oak without a lot of web searching, editing existing textures, etc.  I just thought someone might of had some they could share.  IM doing 12-14 hour days of nothing but design not and even though I would like to learn the substance editor I physically dont have time,  We are down in Dallas Ft. Worth and got hammered with destroyed houses and we are getting 1-3 new design, build remodel projects a day. Like i said before, I currently have 27 designs I haven't even started. We have already surpassed our signed projects than we did all over the past 14 months.   Ill keep web searching to try to find decent seamless textures.  Thanks

• 3 weeks later...

This site https://www.sketchuptextureclub.com/textures/architecture/wood/fine-wood/medium-wood/alder-fine-wood-medium-color-texture-seamless-16843 has some nice textures (including Alder), perhaps one you can use.