I was wondering is there a way to rename a symbol so that the name appears in the schedule will be as required rather than the CA symbol name. eg. 2 way ceiling register, I want to rename it as supply air to reflect in my schedule. Is it possible? Any suggestions how i can achieve that?

Is this a trick question?

Open it and rename.

Are you renaming in plan or the library?

If the object is already in the plan and you rename it in the library, only the library changes.

Thank you Eric for the info. I renamed it, but didn't realize I had to replace it in the plan. It worked now as you instructed. Thank you Eric.

2 hours ago, ChiefuserMathews said:

I renamed it, but didn't realize I had to replace it in the plan.

Just to be clear, the symbol in the plan didn't necessarily need to be replaced.  You could have just renamed the symbol in the plan.

55 minutes ago, Alaskan_Son said:

Just to be clear, the symbol in the plan didn't necessarily need to be replaced.  You could have just renamed the symbol in the plan.

Just a slight point to add as I have seen this basic situation twice today.  Once you have placed the item it is no longer tied to your user library and becomes a placed object in the plan.  Deleting the item in your user library or changing it in any way does not change the already placed item in your plan file or any others.